Design development is a special process, it is a unique combination of the marketing, calculation and creativity.
Packaging design is not just a beautiful vivid picture, but a temptation that helps the consumer to make the final decision on the purchase of the goods.
The correct, effective design harmoniously combines the external component, content, color combinations and elements of a corporate identity. All these elements can be connected only by the professionals.
Our experts will help to develop an original design solution for your products, taking into account all your wishes. In order to get the perfect product, our designers take into account all the nuances of the activity of the customer company, corporate identity and much more.
If the design is ready or you want to prepare your own layouts, check out the technical requirements. This will significantly speed up the process of preparing layouts and transferring them to a production.
- Original layout files should be in vector format:
- Adobe Illustrator (.ai, .eps)
- Corel Draw (.cdr)
- Textual information should be provided in two ways:
- in editable form (font files are attached separately)
- convert all texts into outlines
- Slide file (if present in the layout) in raster format:
The presence of layers and alpha channels will significantly reduce the time to prepare the layout for printing
- Adobe Photoshop (.psd, .tif)
- Resolution at picture size 1: 1 — at least 250 dpi
- When printing on transparent or metallized film:
- white ink area (substrate for other colors)
- Printer printout (or JPEG) — to control the conformity of the text information of the file with the layout
- Imprint — if necessary, "getting the right color" previously not printed products from us
- Product packing scheme (sealing area, seam fields, sealing, bending lines, central axis of the front side of the bag, photo label) — with all sizes and bindings
- Advanced Corel effects and transparency in Adobe Illustrator are undesirable
You can transfer data on the following media: CD, DVD, Flash-drive, by e-mail or via the file storage.
It is useful for the customer (developer of the original layouts) to know and take into account the following minimum requirements of a technological and design nature:
- The layout should be formed in accordance with the packaging scheme.
- The color of the photo tag (usually: black) must be agreed upon in advance.
- The color of the control field of the phototag (usually: white — for a metallized film; transparent — for a transparent film) should ensure stability and accuracy of a reading.The tag field must be uniform (free from the objects).
- It is desirable that there are no printing elements in sections 3 mm wide above and below the layout (the print field does not adjoin the transverse junction of the forms).
- The file must not contain fills and outlines of color models other than CMYK: RGB, Grayscale, CMY, CMYK255, CMYK to PANTONE, etc.
- PANTONE colors should be indicated on the FORMULA GUIDE scale, including the metallic paints.
- Do not get the metallic paints of % tone into the white substrate.
- Color extensions (within the boundaries of one object) should not end with a zero tone value (minimum 2%).
- With a continuous pattern, the pitch of the picture should be a multiple of the length of the print roll and ensure repeatability of the pattern across the entire roll.
- Since in the place of the transverse junction of the forms on the shaft on the roll, there remains a transverse strip of non-sealed material with a width of about 2 mm — its inadmissibility (if any) should be negotiated.
- Small color fonts are printed in only one ink and on top of the background (overprint); white — have a monochromatic thin stroke. The minimum font size is from 6 points.
- Minimum dimensions of image details (tentatively):
- single point: diameter from 0.25 mm
- separate line: from 0.2 mm wide
- raster point: from 2%.
- If it is necessary to obtain maximum brightness on a print of flowers, this possibility is determined at the stage of analysis.
This list is not exhaustive. A more thorough consideration of the source materials occurs at the stage of analysis of the application. If the layouts present difficulties for high-quality and stable replication (including the color reproduction) — we will offer options for optimal design adjustments with minimal deviation from the original.